Simple But Effective Under Eye Cream With Only 2 Ingredients
This homemade under eye cream is a natural product that is 100 % chemical, toxin and synthetic fragrance free. Most commercial eye creams are full of fillers and most of the time don’t really get the job done. You can make your own, with just two ingredients.
Coconut oil and vitamin E are good options for a simple but effective under eye cream. They are very good emollients that help keep skin moisturized. They are also loaded with antioxidants that prevent premature wrinkles from forming around the eyes.
- It is all natural and full of antioxidants
- Coconut oil softens the skin, moisturizes and helps with cell renewal
- Antiviral, antibacterial anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties help maintain your skin healthy
- Coconut oil helps treat under eye bags, dark circles and wrinkles
- It has a natural SPF of 4
- It’s suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
- It is a great anti-aging ingredient to use for underneath the eyes because of its firming properties and ability to help fight wrinkles
- It improves skin elasticity, strengthens skin tissue, helps remove dark circles and bags under the eyes and helps prevent age spots
- Vitamin E is packed with antioxidants that helps to protect and repair skin.
Be careful you don’t choose the wrong type of vitamin E!
Natural vitamin E includes a total of eight different compounds, and having a balance of all eight helps optimize its antioxidant functions.
These compounds are divided into two groups of molecules: Tocopherols (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) and Tocotrienols (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta).
Synthetic vitamin E supplements typically include only one of the eight, alpha-tocopherol. Synthetic vitamin E is derived from petrochemicals and has known toxic effects.
A supplement will not actually tell you it’s synthetic, but you can usually tell by carefully reading the label:
Synthetic vitamin E is typically listed with a dl (dl-alpha-tocopherol)
Natural vitamin E is typically listed with a d (d-alpha-tocopherol).
Homemade Under Eye Cream
1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
2 vitamin E capsules
Puncture vitamin E capsules and squeeze it into the coconut oil. Mix it well. Keep it in a small container with a lid.
Before bed, dab a small amount under your eyes. Night time is best as it will give oils a chance to soak into your skin.
Note: A patch test is always recommended for any first time using a new ingredient or if you have highly sensitive skin.
- 7 Boosters For The Heart And Circulation
- Ginger – The Best Remedy For Nausea Of All Kinds