Loaded with flavor, this delicious broccoli leek soup may seem very plain, but it’s surprisingly very flavorful and filling. It also makes a great starter, and it’s one that will go perfectly with any sandwich or salad. I often do it with chicken stock, because it’s the secret ingredient for making delicious food. The flavor is unbeatable.
Broccoli Leek Soup Recipe
Ready in 15 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, only white part, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 liter of vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 cup of fresh spinach or kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté your leek and garlic with butter in a medium soup pot for 5 minutes before adding your remaining ingredients. Stir often to keep the garlic from burning.
- Add the broccoli and stock. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add spinach or kale and simmer additional 1 minute.
- Once softened it’s time to puree the soup. The easiest way to do this is by using an immersion hand blender right in the pot. You can also do this in a standard kitchen blender.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add almond slices or sunflower seeds for added texture, chopped chives or parsley over the top.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Add ricotta or grated parmesan cheese.
- MAKE CHICKEN STOCK EASY
- HOMEMADE APPLE CARROT JUICE