Creating a homemade natural neroli perfume is an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Here’s a simple recipe.
Homemade Natural Neroli Perfume
Fresh or dried bitter orange blossoms (neroli)
100% pure sweet almond oil
Glass bottle with a dropper or roll on
Small muslin bag or infuser
Optional essential oils for enhancement (such as lavender, rose, bergamot, ylang ylang)
1. Gather fresh bitter orange blossoms (neroli) in the morning when they are fully open. Alternatively, you can use dried blossoms. If using fresh, rinse them gently under cold running water and pat dry with a clean cloth.
2. Fill the small muslin bag or infuser with the bitter orange blossoms.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil into the glass bottle.
4. Place the filled bag or infuser into the bottle, making sure the blossoms are fully submerged in the oil. If using dried blossoms, securely fasten the bag or infuser with a rubber band to prevent it from sinking.
5. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks, allowing the oils from the blossoms to infuse into the almond oil. Shake daily if possible.
6. After 2 weeks, remove the bag or infuser and discard the used blossoms. If desired, add a few drops of essential oils for enhancement.
7. Your natural neroli perfume is now ready to use! Store it in a cool, dark place, away from sunlight. Enjoy wearing your homemade fragrance.
Keep in mind that natural perfumes may vary in strength and scent profile based on the quality and freshness of the blossoms used.
Neroli Perfume Using Essential Oils
Creating a neroli perfume using essential oils is an alternative method to making it with bitter orange blossoms. Here’s a simple recipe:
1. In the glass bottle, add your chosen carrier oil (20 ml).
2. Add 10 ml (approximately 35 drops) of high-quality neroli essential oil.
3. Swirl the bottle gently to blend the oils together.
4. If desired, add a few drops of complementary essential oils (such as rose, jasmine, lavender, or ylang ylang) for added depth and complexity.
5. Your neroli perfume is now ready to use! Store it in a cool, dark place, away from sunlight, to preserve the scent. Natural perfumes are sensitive to temperature changes and may thicken or solidify if stored in cold conditions. To restore liquid consistency, gently warm the bottle in your hands before using.
Be sure to use high-quality, 100% pure neroli essential oil for best results. Essential oils are potent and should be used sparingly to avoid overpowering your perfume. Start with a small amount and adjust as needed.
The information here is provided for informational purposes only. It is not presented with the intention of diagnosing or treating any disease or condition. It is in no way intended to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. No responsibility is assumed by the author for the use of this information and no guarantees of any kind are made for the performance or effectiveness of the recommendations provide. By using this site you agree to these terms. (Read more)
- How To Make Essential Oil Perfume
- Health Benefits Of Sage Herb