Green smoothie with banana, pineapple, pear, kale and parsley, it’s creamy and sweet. The perfect healthy breakfast or afternoon snack.
For green smoothie I usually use kale – the queen of the greens. It’s very high in nutrients:
- high in Folate and Magnesium (1 cup = 40% RDA)
- high in Vitamin C (1 cup = 200% RDA)
- high in Vitamin K (1 cup = 1000% RDA)
- high in Vitamin A (1 cup = 180% RDA)
- high in Calcium (1 cup = 15% RDA of calcium)
- filled with antioxidants such as carotenoids and 45 different flavonoids which fight against free radicals and help protect against cancers
- plant-based source of Omega-3 fatty acids (1 cup = 10% of the RDA of Omega-3).
Green Smoothie Recipe
Autor: Simply and Naturally
Total time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, core included
1 pear (instead of pear you can use 1 cup green grapes, or 1 cup watermelon chunks)
2 cups fresh organic kale or spinach
1/2 bunch fresh organic parsley
1/2 cup ice cubs (optional)
Place all ingredients into the blender container in the order listed and secure lid. I usually blend all ingredients using Vitamix Professional Series 750. Blend for 30 seconds until all leafy chunks are gone or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Try also: Blueberry Banana Almond Butter Smoothie