These homemade snickers with dates and covered with chocolate are made with real food ingredients and taste even better than an actual Snickers bar.
Dates are an excellent source of dietary fiber, potassium, and antioxidants, and have been shown to have numerous health benefits, including improving digestion and reducing inflammation.
They are also low in fat and contain natural sugars that provide energy.
Dates are often referred to as “nature’s candy” because of their sweet, caramel-like flavor.
Homemade Snickers With Dates Recipe
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoon of peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup of nuts: peanuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cut a slit in the dates and remove the pit.
- Fill half of date with a nut butter and another half with whole or chopped nuts.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Dip each stuffed date into the melted chocolate, using a fork or a toothpick to coat it completely.
- Place the coated dates on the prepared baking sheet.
- You can also sprinkle chopped nuts over the top of each date while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let the chocolate cool and harden before serving.
- Place them in the fridge until the chocolate sets, about 20 minutes.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can also store these treats in the freezer for up to 2 months.
The information here is provided for informational purposes only. It is not presented with the intention of diagnosing or treating any disease or condition. It is in no way intended to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. No responsibility is assumed by the author for the use of this information and no guarantees of any kind are made for the performance or effectiveness of the recommendations provide. By using this site you agree to these terms. (Read more)
- Health Benefits Of Date Fruits
- Onion Juice For Hair Loss