How To Make Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel is the secret to a healthy and young looking skin. It contains 75 potentially active constituents.
These give it miraculous healing properties that make it an ideal all-natural solution for sunburns, wounds, and eczema. It’s also well-known for its anti-aging and moisturizing properties.
Making a gel at home is very simple and easy. Many ready-made products have only a small amount of pure Aloe in it. Why buy expensive, chemical-laden gel, when you can make your own?
All you need is a healthy Aloe Vera plant
How To Make Aloe Vera Gel At Home
Here is one of the simplest and easiest methods I have found to extract the gel from the Aloe leaf:
1. With a sharp knife cut 1 thick leave from a plant. Be sure to cut an outer leaf near the base of the plant.
Cutting off just a leaf or two, especially if they’re large, should be sufficient to make 1/2 to 1 cup of gel. If you don’t have a plant, you can also get organic leaves commercially.
2. Rinse the leaf under running water.
3. Remove the tip and slice the spines off the sides of the leaf.
4. Cut the leaf into thirds.
5. Soak the Aloe Vera pieces in water for 10 minutes, so that they release their aloin. Than rinse.
Aloin is the yellow sap-like liquid that you may see dripping from the leaf you are filleting. The yellow part found in the leaves contains latex and may cause irritation to skin and also be harmful if ingested. If you are sensitive to laxatives or aloin in Aloe you need to soak the leaf first.
6. Use a vegetable peeler or knife to remove the skin of Aloe Vera leaf from one side.
7. Scoop the gel out using a spoon.
8. Place the Aloe Vera gel in a blender and blend well. I prefer to use an immersion blender.
9. Put the gel in glass jar.
10. Keep it in refrigerator for a week.
The homemade gel will be runnier than store bought.
Preservation Of Aloe Vera Gel
If you want to preserve the gel for a longer time, you must add some substances that are essential for the preservation. These are vitamin C and vitamin E.
Aloe Vera gel oxidizes quickly, the oxidation process begins exactly the moment a gel comes in contact with the air.
½ teaspoon powder of vitamin C
¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
5 drops of Lavender or Frankincense essential oil – for smell (optional)
Aloe Vera gel is great for skin and hair. My favorite face mask is made by blending together Aloe Vera gel, honey, and a pinch of turmeric to make a smooth paste. Apply evenly all over the face. Allow it to dry for 20-30 minutes. Wash off gently with water and pat skin dry.
- Teeth Whitening – 5 Natural Methods That Work
- Baking Soda Uses