Castor oil pack is a natural remedy that provides various health benefits, including pain relief, detoxification, and improved digestion. To make and use castor oil pack at home, follow these simple steps.
How To Make And Use Castor Oil Pack
Flannel sheet (12 inches by 12 inches) – castor oil stains are permanent
Heating pad or hot water bottle
1. Fold flannel into 2 or 3 layers to fit over entire abdomen.
2. Evenly coat the entire surface of the flannel sheet with a thin layer of castor oil using a glass applicator or your hands. Make sure not to use too much oil as it may leak during application.
3. Lay the oiled flannel sheet over the desired area, such as the abdomen for digestive issues or lower back for menstrual cramps. Cover with a small sheet of plastic and then an old towel, to protect clothing from potential oil stains.
Place a hot water bottle or heating pad set on low heat, on top to enhance the therapeutic effects of the castor oil.
4. Keep the pack in place for 45 – 60 minutes, allowing time for the oil to be absorbed into the skin and tissues. Reapply as needed, up to 3-4 times per week, for at least 4-6 weeks is optimal.
Daily use provides the most beneficial effects. You may even fall asleep and wear the pack all night.
5. To remove the oil, wash with a solution of 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 1-quart of water.
6. Store the castor pack in the refrigerator in a zip-lock bag or a glass jar with a cover. Add more oil only as needed to keep the pack saturated. Replace the pack after it begins to change color.
The information here is provided for informational purposes only. It is not presented with the intention of diagnosing or treating any disease or condition. It is in no way intended to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. No responsibility is assumed by the author for the use of this information and no guarantees of any kind are made for the performance or effectiveness of the recommendations provide. By using this site you agree to these terms. (Read more)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18080873/ – Final report on the safety assessment of Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil
- Health Benefits Of Castor Oil Are Incredible
- Health Benefits Of Eating Avocados