Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk), A Delightful, Healing Brew – Learn How to Make and Savor this Golden Elixir.
Turmeric tea, also known as Haldi Doodh or Golden Milk, is an age-old remedy that has been used for centuries in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
This soothing brew is not only delicious but also packed with numerous health benefits thanks to its primary active ingredient – curcumin.
MY LATEST VIDEO
How To Make A Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk)
1 tsp ground organic turmeric
1 cup water or milk (whole, oat, coconut, any will work just fine)
pinch of black pepper – to enhance the absorption and bioavailability of turmeric’s active compounds (curcumin)
1 tsp butter
honey or sweetener of choice
1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced or grated
2 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed or ground
pinch of ground cinnamon
4 whole cloves or pinch of ground cloves
1. In a small-sized saucepan, combine turmeric and water or milk. Heat the mixture over low heat until it is warm but not boiling. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Once the milk has reached a warm temperature, remove it from heat and add the spices to the saucepan. Allow the spices to steep for about 5 minutes under the cover, then remove and discard them.
3. Strain the turmeric tea through a fine-mesh strainer, making sure to press out as much liquid from the ginger pieces as possible.
4. Add 1 tsp of butter. Sweeten the tea with honey or other preferred sweeteners before serving, if desired. For an extra boost of flavor and health benefits, top the tea with a sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg.
5. Serve the golden turmeric tea immediately while it’s still warm for optimal taste and enjoyment.
There are plenty of modifications of Golden Milk. For colds, I like to add grated or chopped ginger root to it. It is important to strain such an infusion through a strainer. It warms up strongly!
Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk) Health Benefits
Turmeric tea offers numerous health benefits due to its primary active ingredient – curcumin. Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, this golden elixir is known for its ability to:
- Boost immunity and fight infections
- Improve digestion and alleviate bloating and gas
- Reduce inflammation and relieve pain
- Enhance brain function and memory
- Protect against cancer and heart disease
Enjoy this soothing, flavorful turmeric tea as a delightful addition to your daily routine or whenever you’re in need of a warming beverage that supports both body and mind.
The information here is provided for informational purposes only. It is not presented with the intention of diagnosing or treating any disease or condition. It is in no way intended to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. (Read more)
- Chia Seeds Versus Flax Seeds
- Bee Pollen Health Benefits