Unrefined Salt And Its Amazing Health Benefits
Unrefined Salt And Its Amazing Health Benefits
“You can trace every sickness, every disease, and every ailment to a mineral deficiency.”– Dr. Linus Pauling, two-time Nobel Prize winner
Without salt, life itself would not be possible. Salt is as important to life as oxygen and water.
There Is A Big Difference Between Refined And Unrefined Salt
Salt in its natural form is referred to as unrefined salt. Unrefined salt has not been altered by man. Therefore, it contains many different minerals that are useful for the body.
For example, unrefined Grey Atlantic Sea Salt (Celtic Sea Salt) harvested off the shores of France and Himalayan Pink Salt harvested from the heart of the Himalayan Mountains, they both supplies all 84 trace minerals needed by the human body. (Unrefined salts naturally does not supply sufficient amount of iodide, a necessary nutrient, which should be obtained from other sources).
Refined, commercial salt contains primarily sodium and chloride as well as harmful additives, including aluminum silicate, an alleged cause of Alzheimer’s disease. The consequences of the ingestion of large amounts of refined salt are mineral deficiencies, acidity and the onset of chronic illness.
Why Is Salt Refined?
There are four main reasons:
1.Refined salt, having all of its minerals removed is essentially a lifeless product and can sit on the grocery shelf forever. A long shelf life is a valuable tool to maximize profits for food manufactures.
2. Manufactures believe that an all-white salt product will look cleaner to the consumer and therefore increase sales. Refined salt is bleached in order to obtain the white color.
3. If the salt is taken from a polluted area, the refining process will remove the toxins associated with the salt.
4. Iodine is added to refined salt to prevent goiter (swelling of the thyroid). However, according to Dr. D. Brownstein there is insufficient iodine in salt to prevent thyroid illnesses or to provide for the body’s iodine needs.
Is A Low-Salt Diet Healthy?
Low-salt diet are promoted by conventional medicine as part of a healthy diet. However, low-sodium diets have been shown to cause multiple nutrient deficiencies and the development of chronic diseases.
Many studies have shown that a deficiency of minerals, particularly calcium, potassium and magnesium is directly related to the development of heart disease as well as hypertension.
According to Dr. D. Brownstein – mineral deficiencies are present in most chronic disorders and it is impossible to overcome these disorders unless mineral deficits are corrected.
A low-salt diet can lead to the accumulation of toxic elements in the body. The toxicity of bromine is exacerbated in a low-salt environment. Bromine is a toxic element that is associated with delirium, psychomotor retardation, schizophrenia and hallucination. Salt is a necessary ingredient in the diet that allows the body to detoxify toxic substances such as bromine.
Bromine is found in most bakery products today, including breads, cookies, cakes, etc.
Unrefined Natural Salt
The most important factor in selecting a particular salt product is to choose one that contains minerals and has not been refined.
The minerals in salt give the salt its particular color. Different salts have varied mineral levels depending on where they are harvested. Therefore, certain unrefined salts may look grey, while other may contain different colors including shades of red or green.
You can usually recognize a highly refined salt product due to its pure white color and its very fine crystals.
Benefits of Unrefined Natural Salt
- Heart health – helps stabilize an irregular heart beat and normalize blood pressure
- Has an alkalizing and detoxing affect on cells, particularly the brain cells
- Is a strong natural antihistamine
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Is directly involved with the absorption of nutrients through the intestinal tract
- Is needed to clear the lungs of mucus and sticky phlegm, particularly in those suffering from asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Clears up mucus and congestion in the sinuses
- Can prevent muscle cramps during exercise, along with water
- Helps prevent excess saliva production- excess saliva production during sleep may indicate salt deficiency
- Makes bones firm – 27 percent of the body’s salt content is located in the bones. Salt deficiency and/or eating refined salt versus real salt are major causes of osteoporosis
- Regulates sleep by acting as a natural hypnotic
- Helps prevent gout and gouty arthritis
- Can prevent varicose veins and spider veins from forming on the legs
- Supplies the body with an abundance of essential mineral elements
- Contains magnesium, which many people have a deficiency of.
18 Uses Of Unrefined Sea Salt For Common Ailments
SOLE Himalayan Salt Water – Never Buy Minerals Again!
David Brownstein, M.D., Salt Your Way To Health, Medical Alternatives Press, 2nd Edition,USA, 2010
David Brownstein, M.D., Iodine: Why You need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It, 4th Edition, Medical Alternatives Press, USA, 2009
The Guilty Pleasure that Could Save You From Heart Disease
Major Health Benefits of Unrefined Natural Sea Salt
- Chocolate Cake – Grain and Gluten Free
- 18 Uses Of Unrefined Sea Salt